The Spring of 2021 is coming! Can’t wait to welcome this wonderful season! Make your own lovely desserts to start the Spring.
3 egg whites
3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 teaspoon rosewater
1 1/4 cup (310ml) heavy cream
50 gram rose persian fairy floss, or pink fairy floss
1. Turn on the oven to 120°C/250°F and let it heat up. Spray two oven trays with cooking oil; use baking paper to line the oven trays.
2. Put the egg whites in a small bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form (the mixture will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon).
3. Use a tablespoon to gradually add the sugar, one spoonful at a time; beat until each lot of sugar has dissolved before adding the next one. Fold in the rosewater.
4. Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of meringue mixture onto the trays, about 5cm apart. Put the trays into the oven and bake about 1 hour. Turn off the oven. Leave the meringues to cool down with the oven door slightly open.
5. Take out whipped cream dispenser and chargers. Pour heavy cream into the dispenser. Add some sugar. Install one charger and shake to get ready.
6. When the meringues are cool, top with the cream and fairy floss. Decorate with fresh rose petals.
Let's embrace Spring now!