Top with your favorite mango! Make full use of the fruits available around you.
Chiffon Base Recipe:
- Dry ingredients
2 cups cake flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Wet ingredients
6 medium egg yolks (5 large)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsps vanilla (or flavoring of choice)
9 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Prepare pans by lining bottom with parchment paper. Do not grease.
3. Combine and sift dry ingredients. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
5. Add dry to wet ingredients.
6. In another clean bowl, make meringue by beating cream of tartar and eggwhites. Once foam starts to form, add the sugar a tbsps at a time. Beat until stiff and glossy but not dry.
7. Fold the meringue in the batter mixture.
8. Pour in prepared pans.
Bake for 23-25 minutes for 8" pan (makes 3 pans)
Bake for 32-35 for 9"x 13" pan.
2 ripe mangoes,peeled and pitted
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp clear gelatin (Knox)
Dissolve gelatin in 1 tbsp cold water. Let gelatin bloom for five minutes.
Microwave at 15 second bursts until the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
Put the rest of the ingredients in a blender and puree. You could strain or use a sieve to remove pulps if there are any.
Mix in the gelatin to the puree. Pour on top of the cake.